I am back - so Glen doesnt have to carry all the weight on this blog. Finally, finally I am with Julie again. She came out of surgery around 3:30pm and spent about an hour in recovery and then getting settled in ICU. She is here for tonight (precautionary) to watch the fluid levels in her body - especially heart and lungs due to earlier challenges. At about 4:30 Erica and I were allowed in her room and she looks fabulous. Glen wasn't kidding, her new kidney was producing fluid right away and it hasn't stopped....we clap and cheer every time we see that bag fill up! Julie is still groggy, but she has been alert on-and-off for the past hour as her personal nurse (Brent) has been working to make sure she is getting all the medications and fluids her body needs.
Erica quickly noticed how white Julie's eyes are this afternoon - any signs of yellow are gone! I noticed how beautiful she is even when asleep! Brent and I helped her roll to her left side already just to keep her body flexible. The process caused pain, but Julie has settled into this position comfortably. Brent showed us her scar and we were amazed at how small it really is....I guess I might have been expecting a 12" scar but it is closer to 4-5 inches.
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and faith. Today was a miracle in the making, and many blessings have come to the Rose & Reeve families today! We truly appreciate each and every one of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
We love you all! Thank heaven for this miracle! The boys, McKenna, Shane and I are praying for all of you and your sweet families. Hope you have a restful, painless and calm night. Leann
WE love you too... we have been on pins and needles today waiting to hear how julie was doing.. (Troys poor patients he as called more then I thought he would to hear word...) Julie so DESERVED this MIRACLE... send our love to her and will continue to pray... love the Bitters xoxo
We are so thankful for all the great news! What a miracle! We love you, Julie, Shelly and families! We are still praying for all to go well.
Michele and Chad
YAHOO!!!! I knew today would be a great day!!! I'm so glad to hear that the recovery is going well! Can't wait to see both of you ladies. Thanks so much for this little blog. I've been checking it all day!!!
Love,
Sherri
This is incredible!!! We are so excited to hear they are both doing well!!! Keep us posted!!!! Love you guys!!!
What a miracle! We are so happy all went well. We love you all and will continue to pray for a speedy recovery.
--The Chidesters
Just a miracle! Thank you for letting us all know about their progress! We are so grateful for the good news. We love you all! Hope everyone gets a good night's rest.
Wow! What a miracle! We are praying for you and love you all sooooo much! We hope both angels can rest comfortably tonight! xoxoxox
Jack Julie and Shelly,
Your spiritual strength and courage
make me so much stronger and have provided a new source of strength for everyone. We love you so much and
are so grateful to our Lord for renewed strength and life for our dear daughter-in-law. Barb
Julie and Jack, what a great day. Shelly and Glen, you are an inspiration. We are so happy to hear that all is going well. We will continue to remember you in our prayers. Love, The Loveday Family
So grateful for the good news. Much love, prayers and support from the Watkins.
That's Julie...once a beauty queen...always a beauty queen! I've always thought she was so pretty, and now look at her...Sexy with all those tubes hanging out of her...I don't think that I've seen anything more beautiful in my life at the moment...Jack I know that you see the same beauty in those tubes as I do! Life...that's what that is! We know we want to see it more than anything in this world...tell her to continue to pee the bed and we will all be celebrating it with each new wetting! You know that I love you guys and I had to add some humor...cuz...well...laughter is good for the soul! Hang in there family and give her a squeeze from the Teasdale gang!
Love you all,
Michelle
Post a Comment