Its a new day - Day #3! Last night Julie wasnt able to sleep and her nurse told her it was from the medications she had yesterday, they had her hyped. I did all I could to help her sleep with my smooth serenading sounds (snoring) all night (between visits from the staff). Speaking of medications, Julie was introduced to her new regime of pills she will be taking every day - they could choke a cow (but not yours Michelle) - WOW!
This morning we took a quick walk while Rainy (her CNA) changed her bedding and prepared everything for her sponge bath :) then after getting put back together we started getting visits. The respitory therapist, the physical therapist, occupational therapist, the dietician and others. It is so nice to learn all the things we can do to get through this experience. And Kim (her nurse) is going to take out all her extra IV line (wow I just looked over and its gone)! We will know we have reached a milestone when the pick-line and cathider come out, that will be a happy day as well!
Shelly just stopped by for a visit and she is looking great. She was even sporting her beautiful blue polka-dot robe (for you Stacy) while she was here. During our little visit this morning both our ladies got deliveries from the gift shop - beautiful flowers (thanks D&MS) to brighten the day! Shelly says the pain is now bearable, but you can see she is still really tired and needing her rest.
Our doctor just stopped by and talked. He told us her creatin count this moring is 1.5 (for those of you who understand those numbers). Julie hasn't seen 1.5 since prior to chemo-therapy in April 2008. Wahoo....Hurray...Yahoo! And the urine is still "running." As my good friend Bruce said "Ur ine the money now." :) We also learned that clear fluids are on the menu for lunch! Got to love hearing the "gas" rumble. Okay, enough for now. I am going to run home and get my camera cable so I can upload a few more pictures for ya'll. Thanks so much....more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wahoo! Can't wait to see the pictures. Can I visit Julie tomorrow? I'm healthy! Everyday I am amazed by these two beautiful women...you are my heroes!!
Love,
Evie (aunt)
GREAT NEWS.... Sorry you didn't sleep much last night, I'm sure Troy will understand the numbers and be SMILING big for you... You are awesome and been through so much. I agree with Sheri no one deserved this more then you:) Hang in there and know we are praying and thinking non-stop about ya... love ya xo
Clear liquids, yahoo! You looked so great in the lobby photos. Laughing your cute laugh, it just warmed my heart. Sure love you and am so THRILLED things are going so well. What a blessing!!! Love both your quilts too. Thinking of you and praying as well.
Hey Jack..if those pills help our Jewel...then you can choke any cow we own :)!
I am so very happy to hear that all is going well with both of our lovely ladies!
Do you know how wonderful it is to hear that she will be able to eat clear liquids...FANTASTIC is what that is...and gas is a good thing, cuz she will want to get rid of it and that means she will want to walk and when she walks that will help her to continue to heal and healing causes her to get to eat other foods...then we know what happens...yeah baby it's just a part of life...and we like LIFE!
Seriously, I am so relieved to see these wonderful updates...it makes my whole day go by that much faster...and when it is good news, it causes me to smile for you and reminds me to stop and say a small prayer of thanks for the mindfulness of our dear Savior!:)
We continue to pray for you all!
Love,
Michelle
Post a Comment