Friday, January 29, 2010

My dad asked me to post this blog for him:

To Shelly:
We are so pleased that Glen went to California and found you several years ago. You are a great wife, mother, and daughter-in-law. By giving away your kidney, you have proven that you are a true disciple of Christ. We will always be proud of you.

To Julie:
We only met you a few days ago. We were impressed that a more worthy receiver of a kidney could never be found. Your family deserves to have a healthy you, and we are so happy that you and Shelly found each other.

To Shelly and Julie:
Through the years, Shelly, we have seen many of your talents. But this one really surprised us. We did not know you had it in you. Take good care of it, Julie. It's all yours now. You have now become the custodian of this valuable part of Shelly. So enjoy it for many years to come. We pray that this new/old kidney will keep pumping for many years. It should -- it comes with a lifetime guarantee. You have been sisters in the gospel for a few years, and now you have become sisters for life.

With love,
Dad and Mom Rose

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I knew I'd met an amazing woman the first time I met Shelly. She came over and helped me move in, brought food, etc. etc. I've loved and admired her ever since. She's an amazing neighbor and friend. I agree that she just keeps amazing me though. She is an inspiration to me and always will be. An inspiration to emulate some of her wonderful qualities.